Monday, February 4, 2008

GIANT upset


Who would have thought it? Who would have dreamed it?? Who would have conceived it??? Surely not I...I was probably the most stunned person that night at the Carona House. I was CONFIDENT that the Patriots would finish off the season unbeated and secure their place in football history as one of the most dominant franchises ever to play the game. But with the amazing David Tyree catch and the go-ahead touchdown to Plaxico, all that Patriots talk was silenced. One thing was for sure...our HOUSE sure wasn't silent...anti-Patriot fans (I can't call anyone who was there true Giants fans; people just wanted to see the Pats go down) were going nuts during that final Giants drive. Sure enough, they pulled off the impossible and handed New England their only loss of the season, and what a time to lose. With a super bowl loss, 18 wins still doesn't sooth the pain.

So now here I am at work, chillin at station 28 (Gaithersburg), riding the fire engine (WHOO-HOO! Second fire day in two straight shifts!) and waiting for something to happen. We were on a call where a guy was legitimately having a heart attack, but the ambulance crew got him to the hosptial and no doubt helped save his life. What else will happen today? Only time will tell...

No comments: